Click here to request a quote. We ship nationwide throughout the U.S.
Although we have some species of wood in stock in greater quantities than others, we can obtain almost any species of softwood for your project. The following is an example of softwoods that we get requests for in smaller amounts.
- Port Orford Cedar: a strong and weather resistant cedar. Often the wood of choice in Japanese architecture. Also known as Hinoki or Oregon Cypress.
- Sitka Spruce: a very lightweight yet strong and bendable wood popular with aircraft builders and furniture makers.
- Lodgepole or Ponderosa Pine: often prized more for its sapwood than heartwood. It is very stable with a fine texture and minimal difference between growth lines.
- Cypress: a strong, rot resistant, and easy to work wood. It is often used for siding, furniture, and decks.
- Southern Yellow Pine: a heavy and dense pine with a lot of resin. It is very stable, machines well, and is often used as a flooring product.
- Eastern White Pine: a highly popular and widespread species that is often used as construction lumber or sometimes in furniture making. It is not very weather resistant and must therefore be treated for exterior use.
Call or email us if you have any questions about any of these species or if you are seeking something not on this list.
Click here to request a quote.